Friday, January 05, 2007

Joyeux Noël

Dear fellow waxduckies,

Greetings.

Once again, sitting alone here in front of the screen, typing out words after words. It's 0214 here in Hong Kong. This is the third night in a row when I'm listening to holiday music on www.windowsmedia.com. And I'm thinking to myself that I'm really running out of things to say. Things that would be interesting to you, the readers.
As a matter of fact, I've been trying to improve my rank in the "most-visited" chart by reaching out agressively to many of you. You know, by saying "hi", cheering (:)), encouraging ("Keep it up!"), and so on and so forth. I've been staying up late/early as you might have noticed if you've paid enough attention to the time of delivery of the past few entries.

To a certain extent, I did succeed. I did climb back up to the current 7th from the earlier lows. However, I feel rather depressed. I do. I dunno what's wrong, but maybe it's this X'mas thing. This festive season. And I've read quite a number of blogs in which the hosts talk about being out of a relationship, finding it difficult to make new friends, or feeling lonely. Nothing's wrong with'em. Nothing at all. It's just that I ...
I dunno how to put it ...

Well, you know what, the 35th French Cinepanorama/Hong Kong French Film Festival starts today! And Paris, I Love You is the opening film. Merveilleux! Paris, I Love You.

Oh, well. Yeah, probably it's something to do with X'mas, and it's near the end of 2006, and a new year's bound to be here very soon. You know, everywhere's putting up giant X'mas trees, and colourful, shiny decorations and lights. Weather's getting cold.

So...

You know...

Listening to this holiday music. Indulging myself.

Hopes and dreams.

Hopes and dreams.

Last week in one evening I was just strolling at the IFC mall (Talk about how to pick a perfect place to indulge in one's loneliness or celebrate one's singlehood). I went out to this courtyard adjacent to the mall and just stood there for, I dunno, at least an hour, fantasizing that I was actually waiting for someone.

Seeing couples, old and young, loners, men and women, and small groups of students, office ladies, business executives, and yuppies passing by, giggling, chatting, smoking, enjoying their snacks and coffees, and looking as professional as they could.

Me? I was just standing there and watching this scene flying by. I even had my little dinner there. I took out the leftovers from my lunch earlier during the day--two cold, chewy, tasteless chicken and BBQ pork tarts.

Yum.

If I think that X'mas is all about these glorious light shows, humongous man-made trees, and the Hong Kong WinterFest, then I must be missing out something very important here.

Shouldn't X'mas be a lot more than that?

I better think this through.

Through and hard.

Regards,
Tangbro

No comments: